Get More From Zoom
With MoA's group plan you get:
- Meetings for up to 500 participants that can last as long as 24 hours
- Webinars for up to 500 participants
- Optional HIPAA-compliant features
- Online tech support exclusive to paid accounts
- Unlimited cloud storage
- Custom personal meeting ID
- HD Video and HD voice
- MP4 or M4A local recording
- Simultaneous screen share
- Waiting rooms
- Breakout rooms
- Virtual backgrounds
- Meeting reports
- And more
For more information about any of these features, visit Zoom's support center.
For questions about the MoA group-account, see the Got Questions? section on this page.
We negotiated for you!
With so many of our community's activities now happening through Zoom, we decided to negotiate with them for a comprehensive group-membership plan that gives our entire community (as well as your friends, family, and colleagues) access to the full suite of Zoom's online-meeting features, with HIPAA-compliant, secure encryption for a significantly reduced price -- and no annual contracts or pre-paid fees!
Got Questions? Ask away!
1. How does this price break work?
Normally, to access all of the features we've included (detailed in the left sidebar), you would need to sign a minimum one-year contract with Zoom for Enterprise-level service (which starts at $1,999 per month and requires a minimum of 100 guaranteed users) plus you'd need to pay another $150 for every 10 accounts enabled with their HIPAA-compliant service (more about HIPAA below). This means a minimum commitment of $2,149 per month, a total of $26,388 for the annual contract -- a difficult commitment for individuals and small businesses, especially during these challenging times. However, with this group plan only we (MomentsOfAwe.org) are contractually obligated to maintain the payments for the full term of the contract. All individual members like you can come and go as you please.
2. Who can join this group account?
Everyone! You, your family, friends, professional colleagues, alumni networks -- really, anyone who could benefit from this. We want to share affordable access to safer online meeting spaces and related services with everyone who needs it.
3. What does MoA get out of this?
Peace of mind that all of our facilitators, members, and associates now have affordable access to HIPAA-compliant online meetings for their professional and personal use, as well as Standard (non-HIPAA) Enterprise-level access for individuals and small businesses who cannot afford it on their own.
4. What are MoA's and Zoom's roles?
MoA manages the billing and payments for all of our members, such as collecting the funds from you, helping with any payment-related issues and questions you have, and fulfilling all of the contractual obligations to Zoom, such as maintaining the monthly group payments and member minimums.
Zoom manages all technical support, security issues, software updates, and training needs.
5. Why is a HIPAA-compliant account more secure?
HIPAA is the US government standard for protecting personally identifiable information within health and wellness settings. Zoom meetings that are created by a host using a HIPAA-compliant account have several features automatically turned off for all attendees of those meetings, which ensures the safety of attendee information in Zoom before, during, and after the meeting has concluded. Affected features include:
- All cloud recording is disabled; however you can still record locally to your own computer.
- Automated transcriptions through Zoom of cloud recordings are not available, since cloud recording is disabled.
- Participant identity information will not appear in any Host reports. Instead they will see ***** in place of names and or other identifying information.
- In-session chat and text logs are not available after the session has ended.
- Screen capture and sending images through chat is also disabled.
More about HIPAA-compliant accounts can be found here.
6. Is the HIPAA-compliance optional? And if yes, why?
Yes, we are offering both HIPAA-compliant and Standard accounts. While HIPAA-compliant accounts are what our facilitators and community need, some of your friends, family, and colleagues may have other preferences.
7. Can I have both a HIPAA-compliant and a Standard account through MoA?
Yes. You can sign up for one of each for only $15 more per month. Each account will have its own log-in information (a different email address and password) so you always know which one you are accessing.
8. Can I give a gift membership to someone else?
Yes. After you complete your purchase, a follow-up email provides a form where you can update the name and email address you would like the Zoom account to be created for.
9. I already have an account with Zoom, can I move it over to MoA?
Yes, you can. If you already have a Zoom account using the same email you give us, when we add your information to our group Zoom account, they will send you a New User Activation Email and there will be a message that pops up the next time you log in. If you are already paying for a Pro, Business, or Enterprise account, their activation process will also outline the options for being refunded any pre-paid amounts from your previous account. If you have questions about your potential refund before signing up with us, simply log in to your existing account and open a chat with their support team.
10. I'm new to using Zoom, do you have any advice?
Yes! Zoom has an amazing help center full of articles, tutorials, videos, and user forums. Our favorites so far for new users are listed below. You can also find other tutorials through sources like Youtube, by searching for "Zoom tutorial [your question/issue]".
- Quick start guide for new users
- HIPAA compliance features
- About meetings and webinars
- Working with breakout rooms
- Host and co-host controls
Do you have articles that have been particularly helpful to you by Zoom or other sources? Please share them with us.
11. Do you have any tips from MoA users?
Yes, we do! Check out our Zoom Tips page.
13. How do I join?
Just choose your plan here, and you're on your way!
Ask us. We're here for you.